Saturday, January 13, 2007

New Address, a Tornado, and a Toilet

Here is our address in Mwanza:

Montessori Training Center/Sister Denise Mattle
PO BOX 6428
Mwanza, Tanzania

Phone Number: +255786682425

Sister Denise told us we needed to put her name because the post office has never made her pay for a parcel, which sounds really nice after paying close to $300 in customs fees in December.

Also, earlier this week we had a tornado in Mwanza. This is extremely rare in this region. We saw it while we were in the city, it touched down near the Sister's Primary School, about twenty minutes away from where we live. People died. I kept thinking "I wonder if they will hear about this stateside?" But then I realized that we don't hear about genocide happening here stateside, so a few Africans dying in a tornado probably wouldn't get much attention. So it goes.

Also, on a much lighter note, we have had some questions about our toilet conditions so I thought I would include a picture:



Definetly not conducive for bathroom reading. How will I ever finish A People's History of the United Statets now?

1 Comments:

Blogger Krista Vossler said...

So it's like Chinese squat pots...wow. I don't know why I expected something different... Thanks for clearing that up!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home