Monday, December 18, 2006

Hey! Guess What? NEW KIDS! -plus- Look What Tammi Has Been Up To!

So we have a couple of new boys at the House of Hope. One is named Ndishu and the other Joseph. I think they are both closed to five. It gets difficult when a bunch of new kids start showing up. You kinda lose touch with who they are and their ages and their stories (all heartbreaking). Tammi went with Margaret to rescue the boys, but didn't get the chance to chronicle the experience. I know she was really tired when all was said and done. Since I don't have the back story for the boys, I will put up more interesting pictures of them rather than the regular "brick wall mugshots" (plus, I have yet to take the pictures on the wall...sorry Pam). The first one is Joseph and the second Ndishu. They are really quiet but really sweet.



On the domestic front Tammi has HAND-STITCHED another quilt! This time it covers our ful size bed. It is very warm. It was made entirely from fabric purchased in Mwanza. I am very proud of her! Check it out:



Plus here is a photo I took of a sunflower that hasn't bloomed. It's my desktop wallpaper:

I love it!

Have a great week!

Ps. I have also posted the lion-share of photos to flickr. No more catching up for me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

_Love_ the quilt! I wish I could put in an order for one!

12:01 AM  
Blogger RedKev said...

I'm listening to the Blades Christmas Album right now and thinking of you both.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Michael & Tammi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:06 AM  
Blogger shananigans said...

Hmmm Montessori sewing paid off :)~
Tammi your Quilt looks B.E.utiful! The two of you look fabulous also!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home