Friday, October 27, 2006

Tammi Has Become Wicked Domesticated and a Little Blue Material


So Tammi has adopted some new hobbies since arriving to Kenya. On of the main one is sewing. It all began with her work with the children in teaching them to sew pillows and dolls. Then in the room we were staying in when first got her, Tammi spent much time looking at the quilt in the room saying "I can do this!". Soon I found her sketching a pattern for the quilt and wanting to find a fabric shop. We found a shop in the Sarit Centre (Center!) and Tammi purchased her fabric. The fabric sat dormant for about another month until we got our own place. Then the dam broke and over about a week and half, everytime she had free time she sowed and sowed until we had what is pictured above: a 40" by 40" blanket. I was really surprised how well it turned out. It was completely done by hand! She has wicked talent! At this moment she is purchasing more fabric, for her next sewing project. She has also decided to conquer basket weaving! No joke, BASKET WEAVING! It is on our nightstand as I type!

There is nothing this woman can't do!

Now for a reason why this blog isn't linked to the Starfish Kenya website:

At school yesterday Joshua walked up to me on the playground and asked how many balls I have. I was shocked, but I couldn't help but laugh at him. He said, "You have two don't you?" Words could not express my discomfort, but I kept laughing. "Could you bring them down here?" At this point I realized he was speaking of the three footballs (SOCCER!) that Kelly had brought, one of which we had already given them. I was relieved and humored all at the same time!

I know we promised Tammi's journal on our last entry, and she did write tons of stuff, but I did not think to put it on our flash drive before we left for town. It is all my fault and I apologize.

We love you all!

1 Comments:

Blogger timjim81 said...

So... the correct response would have been "No, Joshua, I have three balls!"
I always knew you were special buddy.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home