Sunday, August 13, 2006

It keeps getting better...


Things are really beginning to click a the House of Hope. The newness of us is kinda wearing off to the kids and they are starting to act more normal around us which what we really wanted in the first place. Some of the older children (Olivia, Rose, Felista, John Felix, Benjamin, and Sarah) have really taken us under their wing in helping us learn Swahili (which means that laugh at us a lot if we say someting wrong).

We are extremely blessed with everything we are being provided. It really is much more than we could have ever expected. For instance, they have a television and the children LOVE Walker: Texas Ranger, seriously. They were blown away when I told them I had driven by Chuck Norris' home in Texas. I think they think we are friends. They are also aware of WWF Smackdown with The Big Show and Chris Jericho, again, seriously. They don't get wo watch it, because Margaret doesn't think it is good. We tend to agree, but for completely different reasons.

This is Tammi during Walker: Texas Ranger last night:


Thank you all so much for all of your prayers. The church service this morning was amazing. The music is breathtaking, it's almost a blessing that my guitar is missing because I would not have been able to add anything. There is talk of me giving the message in the very near future, please, please pray for that.

We miss all of you, but are excited at what God has in store for us.

Michael

2 Comments:

Blogger shantijoy said...

Michael, after we talked yesterday, I wondered when the preaching might be expected. I will be praying for you there.
Tammi - love and miss you like crazy.

So the guitar did not make it on the airplane?

6:23 AM  
Blogger D said...

That's hilarious about the TV. I remember when Cohen and I were honeymooning in Chile and we heard the Spin Doctors playing on a boom box at the beach. It shouldn't be surprising, but it is. American entertainment has taken over the world.

We miss you guys. I'm glad things are going so well.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home