Sunday, January 22, 2006

In the beginning there was...

When Adam and Eve ate from the apple they became aware. God asking them where they were was not because He did not know, but because he wanted Adam and Eve to speak it. I have been working through a bible study for a few weeks and working thought other things and when faced with the same question as Adam and Eve it left me speechless. “Where are you Tammi?” I found at first my answer was responses that were filled with my past or with my future: “hard childhood so…” or “preparing for Africa so…”. All those responds are true but do not answer the question. Then God quickly put me in my place, “No Tammi, Where are you right now”? I must confess that I did not know the answer, I looked around at my life and found that all I could say was “Lord, I am here, at work, at school, at home, at church, struggling, forgive me Lord, forgive me for not always obeying you, for not handing thing over to you, for the way I live my life, for my condescending attitude, for my lack in trusting you, for my shame, for my fear. Thank you for your grace, your mercy, your love, your patience, you gifts, your peace, and for being the great I AM. Please stay with me here in this time and in this place.”

I write all this to confess to you also. I don’t know what it means to truly be vulnerable or maybe I am vulnerable and that scares me enough to make “fig leave coverings”. So I hope with the help of my Lord that I will be able to be more open with you and put my fears behind me and let my Lord tend to those battles.

Please come and join us in this time and place, as we struggle to learn what it truly means to follow a God that is consistent and never changing. We don’t know what all this will look like but we have faith that It will be glorify to the Lord we have no other choice but to serve.

2 Comments:

Blogger shantijoy said...

Tammi, as I walk through my day now, you pop in my head constantly, and for some reason, I already miss you. Then I just call. But I still feel the "miss you" because there is so much going on that I cannot be apart of. God is leading you to a new place.
I wish that our new places were the same. You are a great friend.
I am going to miss you more than I can bear to imagine.

3:21 PM  
Blogger shantijoy said...

By the way, as Jessica and I talked about our future in Russia, we concluded with this contingency plan. If Joel and I are martyred, since she has dreamed of working in Africa even before dreaming of Russia, she will bring the kids to yall in Africa and you can all be a family together.
I thought it sounded nice.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home