Sunday, June 25, 2006

Montessori Training, Part One...


Good evening everyone! Things have been really busy lately, so sorry for the lack of updates. I am about to begin my fourth week of Montessori training (Tammi's third). I have learned so much in the past few weeks, including relearning arithmetic and geometry (both of which I didn't learn to well to begin with!). A lot of what we are learning has really been a shock to the systems of Tammi and I. Tammi has equated the Montessori training to culture shock and I tend to agree with her. Although the philosophy has been shocking I can already see how it will be applicable at the House of Hope. It's very basic but it builds in to a cohesive curriculum that will flourish in the minds of the children.

Tammi and have both been tremendously blessed to have been placed with classmates that have made this experience truly enjoyable. We find ourselves looking forward to going to training not only for what we will learn but for who we will learn with. Most of our classmates have already had previous teaching experience, both Montessori and Traditional, and they have been tremendously helpful, as well as entertaining. All of this has helped Tammi and I see we are truly on the path that God wants us on, and that feels great!

This verse has been with Tammi and I throughout this entire process:
"1 When I came to you, brothers, announcing the testimony of God to you, I did not come with brilliance of speech or wisdom. 2 For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 My speech and my proclamation were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and power, 5 so that your faith might not be based on men's wisdom but on God's power." 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

May peace be with you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel Burdeaux said...

Post a comic Mikey...

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home